day 119 - nice hat - does it double as a toilet seat?

What a day. I saw a prince marry a princess. I saw David Beckham in a tux and he didn't say a word (very important) and when Cindy Loo Hoo arrived at Westminster Abbey I almost fell off my couch I laughed so hard. Duuude.

The dress.
The kiss.
The palace.
The convertible.
Prince Harry the bad ass.

Being descended from one side of the family that is entirely British and being a girl, I ate it up. I'm still watching it.

Marchioness Ava Pippa McDougallcott and I even designed our own hats for the occasion.




I spent a lot of time explaining the ins and outs of the royal family to Ava, but at the end of the day it was kind of sad. She wouldn't believe me that these people really exist. She told me they were fiction. Try as I might to convince her they were real, she went to sleep thinking that they are something that exists only in fairy tales. Damn you, Disney.



As the day closes I really only have one burning question left unanswered by today. How on earth does a five year old not only know the words fiction and non-fiction but know their proper usage?

Unbelievable.

Comments

Mari said…
I love your pictures - especially Ava, but also the links. Yes that hat was something else!
Nancy said…
She likely knows those words because of a certain mommy... :)

Love the hat! And no, I didn't watch. I'm with Ava... only in fairy tales.
Checco said…
I must say, your hat is amazing. You would fit in perfectly at Westminster Abbey. Princess Beatrice would be so jealous.
Scott said…
Lol. Great idea taking some photos with some hats on and the royal wedding. Nice.
Andrea said…
Very cute hat Jen! You look marvelous darling...

Part of the Jk/Sk curriculum is to know the difference between fiction and non fiction. They need to understand the basic concept by the end of Jk and by the end of Sk they have to be able to point out the difference and do story retells for both :)

Just click on the kindergarten part if you want to see the whole thing that the teachers use :) http://www.geocities.com/technokidz.geo/currgrid.htm
LMAO...you're too funny!
Carlynn said…
My daughter has been facinated by the wedding as well. Wish I'd thought to have us wear hats yesterday. So cute!!!
Jane said…
Absolutely love your hats. And your smart daughter has not fallen far from the tree!
Janell said…
awww these are so awesome! what fun!
Trish ~ ♥ ~ said…
We saw the dress, the veil, the kiss ~ I wanted to make sure the glass slipper fit!
Anonymous said…
Sorry! Not my cup of tea :-(
Gretchen said…
What a fun day! Fun hats! =)
Tracy said…
I LOVED the hats for the wedding!! Fun day! It is hard to explain to our children when something so fairytale really is real because usually we are telling them it is just pretend. Love your hat!
Anonymous said…
Too funny! And as a former kindergarten teacher- we teach these things at a young age! Fiction vs. Non-Fiction is basics for 5 year olds!